#HealedBrokenGirl
Several months ago, I shared my testimony that God delivered me from pornography. I'm so thankful that God is who He is. He's so merciful, patient, and also faithful!! I'm kind of glad that I went through this because, I would've never understood God's grace and mercy towards me! In this post I'm going to share my experience of how I was living in darkness and how I overcame it with God's help! I'm so glad that God gave me the spirit of courage to share this with you all. I pray that people will be delivered from this post in the name of Jesus!!
When I first started watching porn, I was thinking it was harmless because, I wasn't going around having sex. But little did I know, I was already fornicating in my heart!
There would be times where I couldn't stop thinking about it because, it basically controlled my mind! Whenever I would try to read my Bible, my mind would be so focused on, basically getting my next "high". Porn produces seeds such as, masturbation, homosexuality/lesbianism, fornication, and adultery. In my case, masturbation was my problem. All of those bad seeds are soul ties, they're pretty much kinfolk. I thought masturbation was harmless too because, again, I wasn't going around having sex, so I figured," Hey! Why not?"
But then,there would be times where it didn't seem so fun anymore! I started to feel disgusted with myself. There would be times where I wanted to be delivered from this filthy addiction but, I really didn't want to confess this sin to God because it was pleasurable to me and then I was ashamed. The Bible tells us in (1 John 1:9),"But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness." And even when I would pray, I would try to fool God saying, "Father, everything that's not right in me take it away." Like I was really fooling Him, I was really fooling myself! This addiction basically became my "god." Porn was my god because, I would let it take control of my whole life, my thoughts, and also my spirit. I basically loved porn more than I loved God.
I was so distant from God then. I wanted to have a relationship with Him so bad but, this demonic force would always suck me in this dirty scheme and I would just give in. It was really a demonic force and an evil spirit.
Until one day, I was tired of doing it! I sincerely prayed to God and ask Him to deliver me from watching pornography. I confessed the sin and it was so hard to say it because when you admit that you are an addict, you feel some type of way. You feel embarrassed and you feel ashamed. But God is not going to condemn you or make you feel less than, He wants to help you and He will! Confessing a sin is good! It says in His Word, that He will cleanse you from wickedness, if you confess the sin! And sometimes, it don't happen right away. Like as for me, it was a process.
One day, I had no desire to watch porn and also masturbate.
I started gaining this beautiful relationship with God through Jesus Christ because I kept seeking Him! And the more I started seeking God, I no longer wanted to do what I wanted to do. I started to let His Holy Spirit rule my life and I was no longer a slave to sin!! I'm so happy God changed my desire!
Knowing Him and learning about His love, was the best thing I've done! I understand now, that I am redeemed through Christ. We have to understand that when we sincerely give our hearts to Christ and let Him rule our life, that our sins are forgiven and it is life after this!! I don't care if you are a porn addict, a murderer, a homosexual, or a whatever, there is life after your darkness. You no longer have to be bound by your past. When Jesus died on the cross, He took up all of our sins on Himself! When He looks at us, He see us as holy and blameless. Christ doesn't see our sins anymore when we fully accept Him in our lives because, He took it away when He was nailed to the cross!!
I realized after I sincerely gave my heart to Christ, that's when God started to use me! And I'm so thankful for His grace and mercy!!! He is so faithful y'all!!
Even still today, Satan always try to hold me captive by showing me images in my head of my past but, I've learned to rebuke that devil! That devil don't know who he's messing with! I am a Child of the Most High God! Whenever satan tries to destroy your mind because, that's his job is to kill, steal, and destroy. But whenever satan tries to destroy your mind say, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus. You are a liar and you have no power over me!" I promise you, he will flee! Don't let satan hold you captive!! Know who you are!!!! You are a child of the Most High God who rules heaven and earth!!!
Here are a few scriptures that will help with addictions:
- "Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual sin is a sin against your own body. Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body." [1Corinthians 6: 18- 20 NLT]
- "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." [Proverbs 4:23]
- "But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman, (or man), with lust has already committed with her, (or him), in his, (or her), heart." [Matthew 5:28]
- "God has called you to live holy lives, not impure lives. Therefore, anyone who refuses to live by these rules is not disobeying human teaching but is rejecting God, who gives His Holy Spirit to you." [1Thessalonians 4:7-8]
I thank You for Your grace and mercy. I pray that those who are struggling with any kind of sin will be set free and delivered! I pray that those demonic forces and evil spirits off of them, right now in the name of Jesus! Purify their thoughts, mind, heart, and spirit. Help them to fix their thoughts on what is pure. And those that are already delivered, I pray that they won't be bound by their past. Help them to realize that they're already forgiven and set free, and that You see them as blameless. In the Mighty Name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
We are More than Conquerors!!
Love Y'all
God Bless
-Leah Elizabeth

No comments:
Post a Comment